The South West Trains was initially renewed from February 2003 to September 2006 and after that Stagecoach Group won the right to operate the South Western franchise for a further ten years, until 2017. The company has also changed his legal name from South West Trains Ltd to Stagecoach South Western Trains Ltd but trading name remained unchanged.
South West Trains Services
SWT provides various kinds of trains services that are more useful for the British people. Mostly SWT provides electrified lines rail services but there isan also small diesel fleet service that is start from West of England line to Exeter and Bristol, including coastal centers of Portsmouth, Southampton, Bournemouth, Poole and Weymouth. This company also operates many local services from southwest London and Surrey. SWT operates minimum 1700 train’s services per day.
South West TrainsMain Lines
SWT provides six main lines from waterloo that are:
- The first main line from The South Western Main line to Southampton central, Bournemouth and Weymouth.
- The second main line services to Portsmouth Direct line via Guildford and Haslemere. Under this service 4 trains are regularly depart within per hour to Guildford, then 1 semi-fast train and 1 stopping service to Haslemere.
- The third one is West of England Main line to Salisbury, Yeovil Junction and Exeter St David’s.
- Wessex Main Line that is originates from London waterloo and divides at Salisbury.
- London Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour via Basingstoke and Eastleish.
- London waterloo to Reading via Staines and Ascot.
Train tickets Types
SWT provides various kinds of train tickets that are helpful as saving points of view. Visitors can book tickets well in advance and can save huge money. SWT provides various cheapest rail tickets with in each category. These are the categories:-
- You can book Single train ticket and also can find different ticket offer, if you are booking well in advance just in lowest price as compare to buying a daily tickets.
- SWT also provides various kinds of seasonal tickets offers through which you can save money as compare to daily tickets.
- If you are planning to travel around London with Travel cards or Oyster pay, then you can find huge amount of offers.
- SWT also provides three main transport links from their stations that include airports, ferries and busses.
Contact South West Trains:
Telephone: 0845 6000 650 (option 4)
Textphone:0800 69 20 792
Fax:023 8072 8187
By Post:Customer Relations
South West Trains, Overline House
Southampton, SO15 1GW